Tuesday, December 10, 2013

2015 Ford Mustang

Link to Ford's website.  Click on Gallery and scroll down for an interactive 360 degree view of the new 2015 Mustang

Before I go any further, I will say that my all time favorite car is a 1969 Camaro so I'm not a Ford Fan Boy...neither am I a Chevy Fanatic.  I'm not a "1 brand" type of car guy.  If I listed my top 25 favorite cars it would probably cover almost every make...but I am absolutely in love with the 2015 Mustang.

I don't know how the majority of old school Mustang fans are going to respond to this car, but for me it pushes all the right buttons.  It's smaller, lighter and sportier than previous models, which is a throw back to the original Mustang, which was much smaller, lighter, and sportier than the Muscle Cars of the time. 

The looks though are all original.  It still says Mustang, but the lines have more of a European twist.  The rounded roof line and front grille has been given the Aston Martin treatment that has been Ford's trademark in all it's newest models. Ford's website has the caption, "Its look says entirely new, but its soul is entirely Mustang."  I agree.

While you can get the 2015 Mustang with a 3.7-liter V6 or a new 2.3-liter turbocharged 4 cylinder, I would not be able to purchase anything but the 5.0-liter V8.  For me it isn't a Mustang without that engine.

For the first time the Mustang will go global...meaning it will be sold in other countries besides the U.S. For that to work, the new 'Stang has to deliver on more than just sheer straight line performance and cater to a more sophisticated car buyer.  For the first time the standard Mustang comes with a fully independent rear suspension (previously, the 2003-2004 Cobra was the only Mustang with an independent rear suspension) and Ford promises a more upscale interior.  The tease of a more refined Mustang that can still haul @ss (the V8 makes 420hp) has me waiting in expectation of when the car media types get their hands on it for testing...hope it delivers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment